January 6th, 2012
Several tips that stand out are:
1. Be fire ready – Check that your fire extinguishers are functioning and easily available, and check your smoke detectors as well.
2. Prevent shocks – Outlets near water, such as in the bathroom or kitchen, should have a ground fault circuit to prevent shocks and electrocution. An inexpensive tool can alleviate this worry.
The major takeaway from this is that by making small investments in your home, you save yourself more in the long-run and protect the value of your property.
Full article here.