December 31st, 2011
1. Get healthy by losing weight and quitting smoking, which can lower your insurance premiums.
2. Be a smart shopper by using sales, coupons, and programs and apps like LivingSocial and Groupon to find good deals.
3. Simplify your day to day finances with things such as online automatic bill pay.
4. Increase your financial literacy and educate yourself about things you don’t understand.
5. Be prepared and start an emergency savings fund in case something unexpected happens.
6. Pay down debt and try to pay more than the minimum each month.
7. Create a basic household budget that makes sense and is easy to follow.