November 15th, 2011
Iconic college towns have affordable average prices of homes, according to the U.S. Home Listing Report released by Coldwell Banker. The report ranks the average price of homes with three bedrooms and two bathrooms across the country, and the affordability in college towns was notable.
The top ten college towns on the Bowl Championship Series rankings released have an average listing price of $302,052, and that is including Palo Alto, CA by Stanford University, an expensive area.
The current BCS Rankings:
1. LSU/Baton Rouge, LA ($194,518)
2. Oklahoma State/Stillwater, OK ($141,728)
3. Alabama/Tuscaloosa, AL (not included)
4. Oregon/Eugene, OR ($244,964)
5. Oklahoma/Norman, OK ($150,313)
6. Arkansas/Fayetteville, AR ($165,643)
7. Clemson/Clemson, SC ($164,836)
8. Virginia Tech/Blacksburg, VA ($258,332)
9. Stanford/Palo Alto, CA ($1,232,070)
10. Boise State, Boise, ID ($166,064)
With the exception of Palo Alto, the average listing price for a 3 BR/2 Bath home in these charming university towns are highly affordable.
Want to look up your alumni town? Click here to find out the prices in college areas.